Sunday, December 6, 2009

Puncture

While driving Rosemary around town, I ran over a chunk of wood that punctured the right rear tyre. It went very quickly with a bang and a hiss that was clearly audible over the gearbox and road noise.

A quick call to the RACV (we still haven't fitted her with a jack and appropriate spanner) and I had the spare fitted. The RACV mechanic was quite taken with Rosemary and spent some time crawling around under her.

He mentioned one thing I didn't know; the diff is strapped to prevent damage to the transmission should we get her airborne while offroading! She's a serious 4WD is Rosemary. To that end I've been chatting with an ex-colleague of mine, who's invited us on an off-road trip at some point.

I've explained that the track would need to be friendly enough for an inexperienced driver in a 39 year old car ...

Quite some splinter
Quite some splinter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
No Clean Feed - Stop Internet Censorship in Australia